Salmond Reed Architects specified and guided recent repairs to the Clock Tower and the entrance of the Registry Building and prepared a series of Maintenance Management Plans for its Heritage Precinct buildings constituting the historic core of the campus.
Christ Church Ellerslie is a fine example of the European Gothic church architecture of 1880s Auckland. It has the added significance of accommodating an important and stunningly beautiful set of Clayton and Bell stained & painted glass windows, dating from 1885 and gifted to the Church.
The Seddon Memorial in Wellington, built 1908-1910, stands tall above the tree tops in honour of the Right Honourable Richard John Seddon (1845-1906), New Zealand’s longest serving Prime Minister. The design is a reinforced concrete column faced with Coromandel granite, mounted over a concrete crypt, complete with a life size bronze figure, which represents the State in mourning for its dead, at the top.
This English Gothic Revival style church, constructed of Basalt stone with Oamaru stone decorative detailing was built in 1894 and stands tall on a hill in the centre of Auckland. It is the longest established church in the city. The original architect’s ambitious design was never fully realised due to lack of funds.
All Saints’ Church in Hokitika is of great significance to New Zealand’s history and the South Island in particular. It is a Category I listed heritage building and a WWI Memorial and a rare example of the early use of reinforced concrete cavity construction. The Church required urgent repairs to prevent further deterioration through water ingress and seismic upgrade work.
Salmond Reed Architects has been involved in the upgrade of the Melanesian Mission in Mission Bay, in association with Herbst Architects and their striking new restaurant pavilion.
Mission Bay, Auckland
For almost 30 years Salmond Reed Architects has been engaged to provide conservation planning,
maintenance and policy guidance to the Museum administration.
Auckland Domain, Auckland
A new exhibition installation in the venerable Treaty House by workshop e included built heritage advice from Salmond Reed Architects.
Tau Henare Drive, Waitangi, Northland
Salmond Reed Architects is responsible for the specification and management of a complex and ongoing programme of repairs to Auckland’s Dilworth Building.
Since 1998, Salmond Reed Architects has been actively involved in the quest to ensure that the main structure of Iona Church is secure for future generations and that the building be brought up to an acceptable level of earthquake protection.
Port Chalmers, Otago Peninsula
In 1993 Salmond Architects was commissioned to prepare a Conservation Plan for Auckland City’s main Anglican church, St Matthew in-the-City, at the junction of Wellesley and Hobson Streets.
St Gabriel's was one of the largest and most expensive of the new churches in the Hokianga to be built by 1900. Today, it remains as one of the earliest churches still on its original site and is definitely a Hokianga destination worth making, as it sits on its prominentary in clear sight for miles before reaching it.
Pawarenga, Hokianga, Northland